food

food

Friday, August 6, 2010

Cream Pie..... anyone?

This is always my favorite recipe.  I learned it when I was in Third Year high school.  Baking was my elective that time 'till when I was in my Senior year.  It's sweet and yummy.....!!!








CREAM  PIE

 

Filling:

1/2 cup sugar
8 tbsps. cornstarch
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 egg yolks
3 tbsps. butter
1/2 cup sugar ( for the egg whites )
1 tsp. vanilla




Pie crust - single:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup margarine
2 - 4 tbsps. water



Combine cornstarch, and add the sugar gradually.  Then add milk and other ingredients. Cook until thick.  Transfer to pre-baked pie shell.  Meanwhile, beat egg whites until fluffy but not stiff.  Add sugar until meringue is stiff.  Pile on top of the pie and bake until brown.






2 comments:

  1. yummy!! namiss ko na yan ah. makagawa nga soon!! buti naitago mo pa ang recipe. i'll copy it.;)hugs, kambal ko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga hehe... nakita ko sa baul : )

    ReplyDelete